Thursday, September 17, 2009

Had a great weekend with my third host family. My host sister Anna showed me around the nearby farm. It's kind of like a farm hotel haha. Quaint, cozy lil farm life experience for tourists. Kinda cool, climbing wall and horse rides for kids. Got to pet a goat, haha. Fed some chickens, rode horses with Anna. That was fun. =]
We went up to Ribe for the day, I got to watch the end of a Danish wedding. It was really cute, the bride and groom riding away in a black horse drawn carriage with the Danish flag waving overhead. I got pictures and stuff, which I have yet to upload. I'm pretty talented at procrastinating.
Had danish chinese food, that was interesting. Seeing blonde-haired, blue-eyed, danish-speaking girls in kimonos was pretty hysterical. Hard not to laugh at them, haha. I thought I ate quite a bit, but my host family ate nearly twice as much as I did, and I still could barely move. Surprised I was even able to walk out of there without help lol.
Went out to a field to watch a ' local phenomenon', something about half a trillion birds all gathering together at once. It was pretty cool, though I'm not sure it was worth standing out in the wind for an hour.
Det var en god weekend =]

No comments:

Post a Comment