Friday, December 11, 2009

Busy Week of Traveling

Within the last week, I've been on two rather large trips. One, I had the pleasure of spending last Sunday with my host family down in Flensburg, Germany. It was awesome, beautiful scenery ( amazing how different it was, even being less than 30 minutes away from my home here) Wandered around the streets looking at all the different shops and stands. It was all beautifully decorated for the Christmas season. I bought myself a nice little white hat, haha. Or rather, Dennis bought it for me, I didn't have any Euros on me at the time. I still need to pay him back. Took lots of pictures, some with the family, so if you're wondering what they looked like as well, you can see all those pictures here-http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=130970&id=587188838&l=61e7c20d2f

Then yesterday, an older couple from my Rotary took me on a tour of Copenhagen. It was filled with even more activity than usual, due to the upcoming Climate Conference. ( Obama is coming... ewwww) Lots of demonstrations around the streets, added security, extra tourists.
I saw the little mermaid statue, of course. The diamond building, the Queens palace, the giant library looking over the canals. Also spent a bit of time in Tivoli at night, which was also beautifully lit up for christmas. I hope all my pictures turned out okay, considering it was dark, and my flash is tempermental. I dont have those posted yet, but hopefully I will soon.
Did quite a bit of shopping. I mostly just looked around since I'm trying to save my money to get my hair done next week. But I did manage to get a little christmas shopping done. Ate lunch in a cute little cafe by the water. The couple who took me was very generous, Ill have to thank them again at Rotary on wednesday.
I think about half the trip was spent in the car though. It takes about three hours to get there, so we spent just under 6 hours in the car that day. I was supposed to go to school the next morning ( today ) but being out in the rain almost all day, I came down with a bit of a cold.

All in all, not a bad week =)

No comments:

Post a Comment