Friday, August 7, 2009

Klostermærken

Good news! Mom is sending me a new camera, but my host father its letting me borrow his for now.
Today I went to a Danish Carnival, called Klostermærken. It's very traditional, takes place once A year. We walked around, looking at all the different game stalls, and etc. Lots of colors, voices, very interesting items, haha. Almost like a carnival/flea market. We rode the ferris wheel, got an amazing view of the city and the carnival
We toured the old church nearby, it was very beautiful. Simple but beautiful. The grounds were, a cemetary per se. But their graves are much more decorated, organized, very pretty. They almost blend in with the gardens. Its very peaceful, I wish I could've just layed down in the grass and trees in front of the building. The old danish houses are very... quaint.
Helmuth bought me the biggest sausage I've ever eaten in my life!But ,it was yummy. As well as some VERY strong black licorice. That one I suppose I could get used to if I had to.
We also had the pleasure of meeting what must be the biggest dog in existence. I swear that thing must have polar bear blood in it!

See pictures of what I'm talking about here! ---> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?

1 comment:

  1. SSSYYYYYYYYDDDDDDD!!!!!! It's Dad and it sounds like things are going well over there for you. I hope culture shock is minimal for you though I have confidence that you will overcome in any event. I love you and miss you and am proud of you as well. I love the blog by the way. It's cool to see some pictures of what you are experiencing over there. -Dad-

    ReplyDelete